Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday


I am once again joining with Doodle Bugs Teaching to summarize my week.  I feel like it has been an  uneventful week, but after traveling for two weeks I am perfectly ok with that.  

Luckily I have amazing in laws who were willing to watch our crazy dog while we were away.  He did get boarded over the 4th of July weekend so that they could go away as well.  While he was boarded he must've picked up kennel cough, he got the shot for it when he got to the vet but apparently it works best if given a couple of days before boarding.  He has been on cough medicine and antibiotics all week.  It is a very odd sound to hear when he coughs.  

Since being home my baby is now more of a walker than a crawler.  She will still crawl periodically but prefers to walk.  It is a whole new "ball game" now that she is walking.  She is into everything and I feel like it is harder to keep her interested in things because she always wants to be on the move.  I love and hate it all at the same time!  
This week involved lots of unpacking of bags and suitcases.  I  feel successful because I was able to unpack and put away the majority of our stuff while keeping the baby entertained.  Usually I would've saved this for nap or after she is in bed but there was so much to get done and unpacked.  

I got a Lilly planner!  I am hoping that it helps me to stay more organized both personally and professionally.  I am planning on keeping it in my purse so that I always have it on me and can use it for both home and school.  I have been feeling overwhelmed and as if I am not getting anything done.  Hopefully making lists in the planner helps.  

Our 2 year anniversary is Sunday and for anniversary/birthday presents we decided to get Fitbits.  They are supposed to be delivered today and we are both excited for the UPS truck to bring them.  I am sure I will have updates next week.  

Hope that you guys have all had a relaxing yet productive week!  Check out what other teachers have been up to this week by clicking here and looking at the bottom of that post.  






2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right about loving & hating it once the babies are on the move! She'll be finding new things all the time now!
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we can't wait for them to start walking. Then they do and we start thinking about everything they can get into. It's a wonderful stage though.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete