Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kinder Tribe Linky Party-Getting to know this Kinder Teacher


I am linking up with the Kinder Tribe for their first Linky party. Below you will find a little bit about me.



Ever since having my daughter I have learned to love coffee! I drink it with lots of flavored cream or just lots of cream and sugar.  I have found that I function better when I have had a cup of coffee in the morning than on days that I do not.  

I absolutely LOVE flair pens!!! I just went and bought a new set yesterday and don't remember them being that expensive but they are worth it because I love the way they write.

I discovered Sneezy the Snowman a couple of years ago and have found that it provides a story that can help teach many different standards.  My students love making predictions while reading the story, revisiting the story and recalling the details in order and adding on to the story using their imaginations.

Mrs Wills' always has such great inspirational ideas on her blog!  I love how she writes as if she is having a conversation with you.  

My absolute favorite part of teaching Kindergarten is seeing the major growth that EVERY child makes throughout the school year. Even my lowest child makes drastic improvement from the beginning of the year.

I hope you have enjoyed learning more about me!  Click here to go back to the original post and get to know other K teacher bloggers.  

20 comments:

  1. Girl, I get you with those Flair pens! So expensive, but SO worth it! I will have to look up the Sneezy the Snowman book! I have honestly never heard of it! I can't wait to read it. I love learning about new books! Thank you for your post! I enjoyed learning more about you!

    Kara Mullens
    Mullens Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flair pens are so worth it!!! Sneezy the Snowman was offered in Scholastic in December. They may still have it.

      Delete
  2. I need to get some Flair Pens to start off the school year. I'll be on the lookout for Sneezy the Snowmen. It sounds like a fun book to read during those cold winter months.
    123kteach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneezy the Snowman was in Scholastic last December. They may still have it.

      Delete
  3. Being a teacher mommy is tough. There is something about a good cup of coffee in the morning... your day just starts off right! I love Sneezy the Snowman as well. It is such a fun book :)

    Jen
    KindergartenCoffeeTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a teacher mommy is tough and wonderful all at the same time! Two of my most favorite jobs I have had. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Theresa!
    It's so exciting that you've been teaching K for this long, I feel like I'm going to have a lot of questions for you since this is my first year in Kinder. I also love seeing my scholar's growth. It's amazing how some can come into the classroom not knowing letter sounds and leave reading! There's definitely not a better feeling than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if I can help you in anyway! There is no better feeling than seeing a student learning to read.

      Delete
  5. I think that the makers of Flair Pens owe Kinder Tribe a cut in their profits! We keep them in business!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sneezy the Snowman was actually written by a woman in my hometown. I'm so happy for her that it's become so popular. She has a couple other cute books, too!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool! I will have to look up the other books she has written.

      Delete
  7. I loved Sneezy the Snowman.. I bought 1 for each of my kids for christmas last year :) Flair pens... I really am going to need to get some :)

    Elisa @ Ms.C's Kinder Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got extra copies to place in our classroom library last year too.

      Delete
  8. Mrs.Will's Kindergarten was one of the first blogs that I ever read. I love her and have learned so much from her. I like to pretend that we are friends. LOL! I wish she worked at my school. We could rule the world. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love her blog! I pretend that we are friends too! :)

      Delete
  9. Sneezy the snowman sounds such a cute book I'm off to google it now - sounds right up our street! I've never heard off flair pens!? I will have to google these!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of Sneezy the Snowman! It looks super cute! Thanks for the recommendation!!
    -Kaia
    Kinder Colors

    ReplyDelete