Friday, June 12, 2015

Five for Friday


I am joining with Doodle Bugs Teaching again this week to sum up my week in their Five For Friday weekly linky party.  I have had a relaxing first week of summer vacation with my family and our friends in Destin, FL. We rented a cute house just two blocks away from the beach.  Here is a snippet of how we spent our week....
The house we rented had a pool in the backyard.  It has been a wonderful thing with a one year old!  She has enjoyed climbing in and out of the pool, swimming in her floatie, collecting the rocks around the deck and playing with her toys outside of the pool rather than in the actual pool. 



Being two blocks away from the beach was a lot of fun and allowed us to walk there daily.  The baby enjoyed playing in the sand and burying her toys.  She spent a long time building sandcastles with us.  




It rained all morning on Thursday.  After breakfast, we went exploring to see what else was around the area and discovered an outlet mall with a Vera Bradley Outlet Store.  I had heard of these stores but never been to one.  I was so excited to go in there!!!  All of their products were 50% off and some were even 70% off.  Much to my husband's dismay, I left with 2 purses, a wallet, lanyard and 2 pairs of sandals.  




Spending time with our friends was so much fun!  Each night after the baby went to bed we would eat dinner then play games.  Two of our favorite games were Bananagrams and Cards Against Humanity.  Bananagrams was so much fun!  Cards Against Humanity was hysterical and disturbing all at the same time.  

 

The guys went deep sea fishing on Monday morning and caught a huge amount of fish.  We froze several pounds to take back home but also cooked some throughout the week.  It was nice to have such fresh fish.  



I hope that everyone had a great week!  Check out Doodle Bugs Teaching Post to find out what other teachers did this week.  See you next week!

Theresa 




3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun filled, relaxing vacation. The best kind there is! :) I've heard of those Vera Bradley Outlet stores but have never found one. I was beginning to think they were an urban legend! It sounds like you scored some great deals. I guess my search will have to continue!
    I notice your husband has a Clemson hat on....Go Tigers!!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew they existed but had never seen one either. Yes, he graduated from Clemson and is a huge fan. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a fun vacation! I can't believe they caught that much fish. Good luck on blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete