Friday, June 19, 2015

Five for Friday


I am once again linking up with DoodleBugs Teaching Five for Friday linky party.  

This has been my first full week home since being on summer break!  It has been great to have a chance to get the house in order and to sleep in my own bed after a week on vacation.  


On Sunday I linked up with hundreds (maybe even thousands) of other TPT sellers for the TPT Seller Challenge hosted by  Third in Hollywood, Sparkling in Second, Teach Create Motivate, and Peppy Zesty Teacherista.  I have loved meeting new teachers via social media and learning new ideas.  One of the first things that this challenged asked us to do was to record our stats at the beginning and again at the end(which will be 4 weeks later).  Here are my stats...


The first challenge was to revamp products to make th more appealing to buyers. This is something I had been planning to do this summer so it was a nice "nudge" to get moving. Check out my before and after pics below.  Hopefully I will have a blogpost up about this today or tomorrow.  This product can be found here in my store.  

This is our first official week being home during summer. We spent last week on vacation. We have gotten the chance to catch up with friends and have play dates. My child has loved playing with all her friends toys that she does not have. 
                                               

My baby got her first haircut Wednesday. She does not like to leave the ponytail on her hair in order to keep it out of her eyes, so it was time for a haircut.
                          

On Wednesday night my phone started displaying messages around 10pm that a church in our downtown area had been the victim of a shooting.  9 people were killed while attending a prayer service that evening.  I still can not grasp the awfulness that took place in such a holy place.  Luckily the shooter has been arrested.  I am proud of the way the people of Charleston came together in this terrible tragedy in prayer vigils.  Please keep the families of the victims in your prayers.  



4 comments:

  1. Love how your product makeover turned out!
    Praying for your city during this terribly difficult time.

    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined the challenge, too! Nice to find your blog.
    Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just checked out your cute blog as well! I am loving being connected togreat teachers through this challenge.

      Delete