Friday, June 19, 2015

TPT Challenge Week 1-Makeover Madness

I am participating in the TPT challenge that will take place over a four week period with a new challenge each week.  This week the challenge is called Makeover Madness.  This is something I had planned to do this summer with many of my products.  I choose to makeover the Polka Dot and Chalkboard Alphabet Posters.  My classroom theme last year was polka dots and chalkboard and this was one of my first products I created for TPT.  I used this in my classroom this past school year and realized some changes needed to be made to this product.  When it was originally created, the product consisted of 2 alphabet letters on each page.  This was a great size for word walls, but I felt that it would have been nice to have them on a full sized page.  I also noticed that some of the vowel pictures as well as one consonant picture was slightly confusing.  The vowels used the long vowel sounds rather than the short and the letter G had a picture of what should have been a glove, but actually looked like a mitten.  I wanted all the vowels to be uniform in their long vowel or short vowel sounds.  Initially, the sounds that we teach for vowels are short vowels, so it made sense to have all short vowel sounds on the cards.  Also the cover on the initial product was boring, not colorful, had no pictures, and did not accurately describe the product.  
The revamped version contains a bright, colorful, picture filled cover.  It also has two sizes for posters-half sized alphabet and whole page.  There is a preview of the different sized pages available below the cover picture.  This product is on sale for the next four days.  Check out product makeover's from other teachers here.  


1 comment: